Chapter 4 : Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry: Chapter 4 (Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure) are provided on this page for the perusal of Class 11 Chemistry students. These solutions can also be downloaded in a PDF format for free by clicking the download button provided below.
Audiobook (Listen to the Class)
The free Class 11 Chemistry NCERT audiobook provided by us have been prepared by seasoned academics and chemistry experts keeping the needs of Class 11 Chemistry students in mind. The NCERT Solutions provided on this page contain step-by-step explanations in order to help students answer similar questions that might be asked in their examinations.
The Chemistry NCERT Solutions provided on this page for Class 11 (Chapter 4) provide detailed explanations on the steps to be followed while solving the numerical value questions that are frequently asked in examinations.
NCERT Solutions for Chemistry – Class 11, Chapter 4: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
“Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure” is the fourth chapter in the CBSE Class 11 Chemistry syllabus. This chapter touches on several fundamental concepts in the field of chemistry (such as hybridization and the modern theories on chemical bonding). The concepts covered in this chapter are listed below.
- VSEPR theory
- Lewis structures
- Valence bond theory
- The polar character of covalent bonds
- The concept of hybridization
- The molecular orbital theory of homonuclear diatomic molecules
- Hydrogen bonding
The NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry (Chapter 4) provided on this page feature the following types of questions:
- Drawing Lewis dot symbols for atoms, molecules and polyatomic ions
- Questions on bond parameters
- Expressing resonance with the help of Lewis structures
- Questions related to dipole moment, bond polarity and polar covalent bonds
- Questions on hybridization
- Questions on VBT, MOT and the VSEPR theory