Chapter 3 : Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry: Chapter 3 (Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties) are provided on this page for the perusal of Class 11 Chemistry students. These solutions can also be downloaded in a PDF format for free by clicking the download button provided below.
Audiobook (Listen to the Class)
The free Class 11 Chemistry NCERT audiobook provided by us have been prepared by seasoned academics and chemistry experts keeping the needs of Class 11 Chemistry students in mind. The NCERT Solutions provided on this page contain step-by-step explanations in order to help students answer similar questions that might be asked in their examinations.
The Chemistry NCERT Solutions provided on this page for Class 11 (Chapter 3) provide detailed explanations on the steps to be followed while solving the numerical value questions that are frequently asked in examinations.
NCERT Solutions for Chemistry – Class 11, Chapter 3: Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
“Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties” is the third chapter in the NCERT Class 11 Chemistry syllabus. This chapter is considered by many to be of vital importance since it covers concepts that are an important part of the syllabus for classes 11 & 12 (CBSE), JEE and NEET. The topics covered in this chapter include:
- Genesis of periodic classification
- Modern periodic law and the present form of the periodic table
- Nomenclatures of elements with atomic number greater than 100
- Electronic configurations of elements and the periodic table
- The s-block, p-block, d-block, and f-block elements
- Metals, non-metals and metalloids
- Periodic trends in properties of elements
- Trends in physical properties
- Trends in chemical properties
- Trends in chemical reactivity