Chapter 2 : Structure of Atom
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry: Chapter 2 (Structure of Atom) are provided on this page for the perusal of Class 11 Chemistry students. These solutions can also be downloaded in a PDF format for free by clicking the download button provided below.
Audiobook (Listen to the Class)
The free Class 11 Chemistry NCERT audiobook provided by us have been prepared by seasoned academics and chemistry experts keeping the needs of Class 11 Chemistry students in mind. The NCERT Solutions provided on this page contain step-by-step explanations in order to help students answer similar questions that might be asked in their examinations.
The Chemistry NCERT Solutions provided on this page for Class 11 (Chapter 2) provide detailed explanations on the steps to be followed while solving the numerical value questions that are frequently asked in examinations.
NCERT Solutions for Chemistry – Class 11, Chapter 2: Structure of Atom
“Structure of Atom” is the second chapter in the NCERT Class 11 Chemistry textbook. The topics covered under this chapter include subatomic particles, Thomson’s atomic model, Rutherford’s atomic model, Bohr’s model and the quantum mechanical model of the atom. The types of questions asked in the NCERT exercise section for this chapter include:
- Basic calculations regarding subatomic particles (protons, electrons and neutrons).
- Numericals based on the relationship between wavelength and frequency.
- Numericals based on calculating the energy associated with electromagnetic radiation.
- Electron transitions to different shells.
- Writing electron configurations.
- Questions related to quantum numbers and their combinations (for electrons).